Saturday, November 1, 2014

Letters 421: Of Travel, Mystery & Love



Hans Christen Andersen once said:

"To travel is to live."


To you whom I haven't met yet, 

             Well, here I am again for another little talk before I am going for my month long travel across Asia. Hopefully I can manage to say a lot in this 421st letter for you before my eyes completely close for bedtime.

              Tomorrow & for the next 29 days, I will be going for another epic annual journey, this time covering the east side of the beautiful continent of Asia. Will you believe me my hummingbird if I said travel makes one modest? I believe that by traveling, we can see what a tiny place we occupy in this amazing world. 

              That is the glory of foreign travel as far as I am concerned. I don't really care what people are talking about like for example, I am just wasting my money for the sake of learning a whole new world when traveling.  

              Dear you, I can't think of anything that excites a greater sense of childlike wonder in me other than to be in a new country where I can be ignorant in almost everything. Suddenly I can be a five years old again, wandering aimlessly to a wonderful place. And that is how my whole existence become a series of interesting guesses.

              8 years passed by since I started to dedicate a letter for you. People said my life is mysterious but I guess this is what life is all about, a mystery. For me, to wake up every morning, not knowing what gonna happen, whom I am gonna met, this for me is a beautiful mysterious life.

               I will be in Seoul (South Korea in case you didn't know, hahahahaha) soon. But rest assured, one day, when I finally met you, you & me gonna live this beautiful kind of life, forever more. Until then, cheerios my sunshine.

Always & forever,

The Half Moon Serenades.

1st of November 2014.
  

No comments: