Saturday, October 18, 2014

Letters 419: Of French, Manners & Love

Guillaume Apollinaire once said:

"Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy."

To you whom I haven't met yet,

        Well, here I am again for a little talk to you & I should manage to say a lot before bedtime. I have managed to become friendly with a French family as a result of my work & I spend my hours on Friday in their company. They don't speak English & my French is really really really really really poor. But we get along quite well.

        Of course there are very pretty daughters, who keep saying 'vous parlez francais tres bon'. Perhaps that is due more to my personality than to my ability to understand a little bit of French. 

        The first question Emeline (the elder daughter) asked me was if I was married & although I am quite shy to talk with the pretty lady, I told her I am not, yet, adding of course the word 'unfortunately' (hahahahaha). Just manners, my hummingbird, just manners. 

        Dear you, I hope you will like to read all my 419 letters that I wrote for you since 8 years ago. Until then, put in your heart the fact that I had fallen in love with you way before we knew each other. So once more my angel, I must say cheerio in the meantime.

Yours sincerely,

The Half Moon Serenades.
18th of October 2014.   

No comments: