Sunday, October 12, 2014

Letters 418: Of Sponge Cake, Tiramisu & Love




Rumi once said:

"The wound is the place where the Light enters you."

To you whom I haven't met yet, 

           Well dear, the weather has gone back to the old ways again here in Penang (rain & very high winds). At present it is blowing a gale outside my house with a lot of rain. But I am inside & dry, so why worry right?

              Anyway, I hope I have the chance to enjoy your baking one day. Do you think I could have a piece of sponge cake some day? I had a great notion on a cook once up in Malacca because she made me some nice tiramisus for my breakfast. Perhaps she was practising out the old adage of 'road to a man's heart started from his tummy'. As I was never a handsome guy, I put it down to my personality (hahahaha).

            Dear hummingbird, I have never had a chance to properly baked something for someone that I loved. Never mind dear, we will have the all our wee times to ourselves when our day comes. I know at times, I will probably feel as if I am not gonna meet you any time soon, but i will keep my chin up & look forward to the day when you will be home & the period of uncertainty are only a memory.

             418 letters in 8 years still can't describe how much I wish you can be here with me, every day. And with that remark my angel, I will finish for today as I have some paperwork to do now. God bless you dear hummingbird.


I'm with you,

The Half Moon Serenades.

12th of October 2014.
 

No comments: