Sunday, September 14, 2014

Letters 414: Of Birthday Cards & Unknown Flowers


Coco Chanel once said:

"Don't spend time beating on the wall, hoping to transform it into a door."


To you whom I haven't met yet,

         
           It seems funny that whenever I have a rather busy time & very little to spare, tonnes of work always arrives. Since I finished the 413th letter to you, most of my spare time has gone on making birthday cards for the little ones at orphanage on weekend. You see, proper cards for kids are rather hard to get in this part of Penang so I thought it would be a good idea to try & 'manufacture' a few.

            What I have done is to get hold of old cards from any fellow volunteer who had them & copy the desigs or part of them on to my paper. I have some coloured pencils so altogether I have managed rather well. I am making four birthday cards & it takes me at least a day to make one. I have drawn plenty of flowers but for goodness sake my dear, don't ask me in future what kind of flowers that I drawn as I don't have any idea (hahaha). 

           I just think a bit of purple would be nice in there & perhaps maybe some red too. Still I've done my best & I certainly hope the kids at orphanage gonna like it. 

           Here's another thing my hummingbird. This letters for you marked the 414th since the past 7 years. Some of my female friends told me that love letters from their boyfriend is now very scarce & seems to have extinct like the dodo bird. Well, just to let you know, I am still the same wanderers saerching for my other half of sky (which is you). 

           This maybe a bit lame to you, but put it down to my sense of humour. 414 letters still can't describe how much I wish you can be here with me, living the life to the fullest. But until then, whenever you read all my notes in future, put in your heart the fact that I had fallen in love with you way before we knew each other as lover. 

Yours always,

The Half Moon Serenades.

14th of September 2014.

No comments: