Saturday, August 23, 2014

Letters 412: A Beautiful Life


C.S Lewis once said:

" Some day, you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again."

To you whom I haven't met yet,

      During one of my bi-weekly visits to an old folk's home few days ago, I met a rather wonderful old man whose sacrifice really touched my heart. 

       When he was in his 20's, he stayed with his mother whom he loved very much. He admired her for all that she did for the family. Whatever his mom asked, he did it to relieve her burden. He told himself that he will never say no to her in anyway possible for as long as she is alive. 

       Anyway, he fell in love with a girl (a long-distance relationship) & wanted to marry her. His mother being a sceptic type of person did not approve of their relationship despite all the pleas & justification. Thinking about all the sacrifice that her mother had done for him, he decided not to get married yet but wait until her mother finally agree of when she was not around anymore.

        Time passed but his mother still did not change her mind & by the time she died at the age of 84, he was already in his 60's & suffering from diabetes, without any wife alongside him.

       Dear you, talking to him make me realised that he doesn't bear any grudge against his late mother for the state he is in now. He doesn't curse or swear that God has betrayed him in anyway. Instead, he seems to have accepted the fate & accept it without hesistance. 
  
        The question is, will we make the time for him & others like him? For the past 9 years of my life, I've dedicated it in helping others, let it be the old folks at retirement home, the orphan at orphanage or the student at centre in my free time. Sometimes, God gave me someone to love, twice but most of the time, they can't accept my life & of course the battle with my illness

        But for me, my hummingbird, my life is beautiful. I guess by the time you read this letter, we might be in love with each other or we might not. But I just want you to know, in the dew of morning, I will never stop praying that we can be together, forever in love when we finally met each other. 412 letters still couldn't describe how much I wish you can be here, living my life together.

Cheerios my sunshine,

The Half Moon Serenades.

23rd of August 2014. 

No comments: