Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Letters 409: Of An Old Guitar & Love



Helen Keller once said:

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all."


To you whom I haven't met yet,

       Here I am sitting in my office room somewhere in Penang writing another letters for you. Well, today weather is a bit weird but the view of green grass near my workplace with casuarina trees & bushes surrounding it did a huge favour in helping me to relax a little bit. 

       Everything is dull & everybody is also very quiet (either reading, writing or perhaps just resting).The only noise is of police cars or ambulances zooming through on the main street. Of course, they are going from us, not for us, thank God.

       Before I started to write you these few words, I brought & played my old guitar to the tunes of 'Always on My Mind' by Willie Nelson. But as I mentioned in previous notes, my old guitar was a wee bit damaged but I did spent all my spare time few weeks ago doing my best to make it serviceable.
 
      Dear you, you will smile & laugh like Elmo if you heard the remarks which are passed by my colleague about my old guitar & how I played it like an old man. But they just don't understand, do they my hummingbird?

       Well, my dearest, maybe I haven't met you yet but I will say cheerio with the wish that I will be with you when the time finally comes. In the meantime, I just want to let you know that everything is well with the treatment that I received as previously mentioned (as I'm still strong enough to write for you the 407th notes in 7 years).


Until our next hello,

The Half Moon Serenades.
Penang.

5th of August 2014.

No comments: