Saturday, August 2, 2014

Letters 408: Of Love, Heaven & Earth



Eleanor Roosevelt once said:

"It takes courage to love."

  To you whom I haven't met yet,

      What an awful lot of letters from me that you must be reading by now, 408 letters in 7 years to be exact. Imagine me writing for you every week? To tell you the truth, I don't really have such a lot of time on my hand at present but by writing to you, it does help to break the drabness of the long day.

      Just to let you know, I will be writing a short letter to you for quite some time in order to take a good rest since I'm continuing the treatment to cure that lump at my neck (the same old problem). I can't tell you much about the treatment but although this may appear very mysterious, you have nothing to worry about one day. You will find that all your fear have been groundless. 

      Anyway, you will smile like Elmo if you were at where I'm now. Sometimes it would stop raining long enough for the cloud to come out & then it was nice. It was like just before the sun goes to bed down on lake, there was over a million sparkles on the water. Like that lake, it looks like there were two skies, one on top of the other. I couldn't tell where heavens stopped and the earth began. It was so beautiful. I wish you can be here with me.

     But until then, put in your heart the fact that I fell in love with you way before we knew each other. Pray together with me, will you? 

Yours always,

The Half Moon Serenades.

2nd of August 2014.

No comments: