Saturday, July 19, 2014

Notes 406: Of Destiny & Love



Walt Disney once said: 

"The flower that blooms in adversity is the rarest and most beautiful of all."

To you whom I haven't met yet,
 
         Few years back, when I was in my first working place, I saw a young girl from another department walking home from our office. It looked like she was carrying all of her belongings & I thought to myself:
 
“Why would anyone bring home all her belongings? She must really be a nerd girl."

         I had quite a busy day so I shrugged my shoulders & went on. As I was walking, I saw a bunch of kids running toward her. They ran right up to her, knocking all her belongings out of her arms. Her glasses went flying right on the floor. Then she looked up & I saw this terrible sadness in her eyes. My heart went out to her so I jogged over towards her as she crawled around looking for her glasses.

         I saw tears in her eyes. As I handed her the glasses, she looked at me & smile on her face. It was one of those smiles that showed real gratitude. I helped her pick up her belongings & asked her where she lived. As it turned out, she lived near me, so I asked her why I had never seen her before. We talked all the way home as I carried her books. But this was few years ago.

         Dear you, last weekend, I met her again as I sat in the coffee shop. She looked great, filled out & actually looked good in glasses. She had more dates than me & all the guys loved her. Sometimes I was jealous, & today was one of those days.

         I just looked at my friend with disbelief as she told the story of the first day we met. She had planned to kill herself over the weekend. She talked of how she had cleaned out her table at office, so her mother wouldn’t have to do it later & was carrying her stuff home. She looked hard at me & gave me a little smile.

“Thankfully, I was saved. You saved me from doing the unspeakable.” 

       For me, we must never underestimate the power of our actions. With one small gesture, we can change a person’s life. For better or for worse. God puts us all in each other’s lives to impact one another in some way. 

      I guess, that is what all my 406 notes in 7 years for you is all about. Sometimes, I asked myself, is it wrong to be so 'not good looking' until being left by my other half? But then, the other side of me said, I just haven't met you yet. Somewhere out there, I believed, we will meet each other one day. Someday. 


Yours Sincerely,

The Half Moon Serenades.

19th July 2014.

 

 

No comments: