Sunday, July 13, 2014

Notes 405: Of Friendship or Love?

Roald Dahl once said:

“It doesn't matter who you are or what you look like, so long as somebody loves you.”

To you whom I haven't met yet,

      My mom’s best friends daughter, Y & I had become friends when I was still in primary school. She is 3 years younger than me & back when in Standard Three, we had gotten a little fond of each other. We started being “girlfriend” and “boyfriend” not like we really knew what that was at the time but we acted like it. 

      I don't recall what I got for my first exam & I don't know when I went on my first holiday. But, I do remember the first time I heard the sweetiest voice in the wide world. I had never seen anything so beautiful in my life. She was like an angel. 

     Now for some reason, Y didn't like to go back to her home after school. So we will end up playing at the playground in front of our house. I showed her the best way to throw the peebles into nearby river & she helped me to steal the peebles from our neighbour house. Y & me was like peas & carrots.

    Sometimes, we'd just sit out & wait for the moon to appear across the horizon. She was my most special friend, my only friend. And my first ever love. 

    As time goes by, we went on separate way after finishing our primary school. Y went to Chinese vernacular school &  I went to one of the top school in Penang. Both of us lost contact for a good ten years until one day, we met again. 

    Now, my mum always told me miracles happen everyday. Some people don't think so but they do. As I walked near Butterworth train station, I accidentally hit my head at the huge construction pole along the terminal. Believe me or not, another girl, at the same time, hit the same pole on the other side. And that girl, is Y. 

     I couldn't tell where heavens stopped and the earth began. She was so beautiful. But of course, we didn't fell in love with each other. She already in love with a handsome guy & I have my Sabrina, even though mine didn't last for few years unlike hers. 

    You see, for me, a guy & a girl can be just friends. But at one point or another they will fall for each other. Maybe temporarily, maybe at the wrong time, maybe too late, or maybe forever.   
 
     Dear you, I had written 405 notes for you in 6 years, 10 months & 2 days. They said, when you're missing someone, they are probably feeling the same, but I don't think it's possible for you to miss me as much as I'm missing you right now, because I just haven't met you yet. 

Until then,

The Half Moon Serenades.

13th of July 2014.



    

No comments: