Sunday, June 15, 2014

Notes 400: Of Happiness & Rain



Maya Angelou once said:

"Have enough courage to trust love one more time and always one more time."


To you whom I haven't met yet,

        Few years back, I was given a wonderful opportunity to work with a petite but sweet young six years old girl at the shelter home. 

        With glittering black eyes and an unquenchable zest for life, she shows no sign of any mental or physical impairment eventhough she was born premature and have some sort of disability in her movement.

       As sweet as candy, she still have a character of girl who is eager to learn just about everything that she saw with her beautiful eyes. And because of her eagerness, I brought her to Penang Botanical Gardens for a walk.

       Suddenly, she asked me whether I noticed any strange smell around the gardens. Well, I can see that the dark cloud is fast approaching across the hill and immediately I told her it was the smell of the rain & we are about to get wet.

       Jokingly she replied that it wasn't the smell of the rain, but it was the smell of happiness right from her heart. For no particular reason, she said that day is the happiest day of her life. For the first time since she stayed at the shelter home, some one took her out to this beautiful place and enjoying the wonders of nature & she feels loved. 

       Dear you, when I finally met you one day, I'm one step closer of being a complete person. Life for me is about the pursuit of happiness, neverending. But having you right here in my heart, I will enjoy every moment of my life with no regret about the past. 

       For the past six years & nine months, I had written 400 notes for you. There will be no monument about me in future about my work or life, but making you a happy girl & to be your man of honor one day, will be one of the best achievement in my life.


Yours truly,

The Half Moon Serenades.

15th of June 2014.  
 
 

 

  

No comments: