Thursday, June 12, 2014

Notes 399: Of Rain & Special Shoes



Andre Gide once said:

“It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.”  

To you whom I haven't met yet,

                There's an awful lot you could tell about a person by their shoes. Where they're going. Where they've been. I've worn lots of shoes. I bet if I think about it real hard, I could remember my first pair of shoes.

         And today, I bought a new pair of branded shoes at the shopping mall, the first in two years. Now, it is not that I am a stingy person when it comes to pampering myself, but I guess all this while I felt just fine & dandy with unbranded shoes that I bought at unbranded shop.

         Like I was saying, each & everytime I went to the shopping mall, I saw a lot of shop selling shoes. There are shoes that you can tied, wrapped, Velcro-ed or slipped your leg in it. There are running shoes, jogging shoes, walking shoes, yellow, blue, red or white shoes. Well, that's about it. I bet it is hard for some girls out there to make a choice when they go to shopping.

         Anyway, today somewhere in the middle of afternoon, it started raining & it didn't quit for two hours & the best part was, I am wearing my brand new shoes. It doesn't matter, I guess this is fate. One day when you finally appeared in my life, we will get through every kind of rain there is together. Little bitty stinging rain, big old fat rain, rain that flew in sideways or sometimes rain that came straight up from underneath. 

        Dear you, life is like wearing a pair of shoes. To keep up with everyone, you must keep moving on. For the past six years & eight months, I had written 399 notes for you. But one day, when you finally appeared in my life, if there's anything you need, I won't be far away. 


Yours truly,

The Half Moon Serenades. 

13th of June 2014.  
    

         

No comments: