Sunday, January 26, 2014

Notes 394: When Summer Leaves



Mother Teresa once said:

"If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other."

      
              For me, a man's love is forever. It jumps from long lustful admiration before relationship & forever love after marriage in a moment. Love is about accepting the other half just the way they are & putting up with it because they completed you in every way possible.

              Still fresh in my mind few months ago when I read the stories about a 96 years old guy named Fred Stobaugh in Illinois, United States of America. In a litle town of East Pretoria, a small radio invited their listeners to submit their original song in a singer-songwriter contest. 

              And Fred Stobaugh, at the late age of 96, submitted his own original song. The song, entitled 'Oh Sweet Lorraine', was dedicated as a tribute to his 73 years old wife, his life-long sweetheart.
  
               The love story began when the couple met at a local root beer stand, where the enchantly beautiful Lorraine worked as a car hop in 1938, right before the start of World War Two. And as time goes by, they married two years later. 

               For the next 73 years, the lived their lives together as a happily married husband and wife in their little hometown. For him, it was a wonderful 73 years, a bit unreal but loving in every way.  However, fate dealt a cruel blow to their love.

                One evening, Lorraine passed away, leaving him forever. After awhile, Fred who still recovering from the emptiness, sat in the room all alone, humming a melodius tune, which he thought, a perfect tribute to Lorraine.

                Even though he is technically ineligible to qualify for the contest, the owner of the radio station decided to work with him anyway because of his stories. They allowed him to work with professional in music industry, and the result makes Fred cried.

                In my view, maybe the his Lorraine left him to be with the Power high above, but the groovy kind of love still exist in the song that he penned, at least until the summer decided to leave.



P/S

To you whom I haven't met, you're and always have been, my dream. Sometimes, I dream of you, albeit in different character every night. I do not know which side of you I enjoy the most. I treasure each side, just as I will treasure our life together one day.

I carried you in my heart, wherever I am, hoping one day, I will finally meet you in real life. I’m not the silly romantic you think. I don’t want the heavens or the shooting stars. I don’t want gemstones or gold. I have those things already.

All I want is you, one day, someday. Until then, put in your heart the fact that all 394 letters that I wrote here, for the past six years, was for you.

Yours truly,

The Half Moon Serenades.   

No comments: