Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Notes 393: A Splendid New Year



Khalil Gibran once said: 

"When life does not find a singer to sing her heart she produces a philosopher to speak her mind."

        Half of what I say in my 393 notes is meaningless, but I say it so that the other half may reach people out there. Life is beautiful, regardless of what people may thought of in their mind. 

        Once somewhere in May, a young guy told me that he felt that everyone in this world was against him. But what he didn't realized is that he was his own forerunner, and the towers he has build are but the foundation of his giant-self. And that self too shall be a foundation. I guess the only thing that he is lack of all this time was his self-confidence.

         We must learned from the mistake that we made in our life. Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding. Even as the stone of the fruit must break, that its heart may stand in the sun, so must you know pain in order to begin a new life.

         In few more hours, a new year will begin, a new life. But never let anybody brought you down with their words. Your thought is a tender leaf that sways in every direction and finds pleasure in its swaying. Their negative thought is an ancient dogma that cannot change you nor can you change it. You have your thought and they have their at the end of the day. 
       
          Anyway, like I was saying, I had a lot of friend in my wonderful life. I believed that sometimes, we need to put all the insult and negative thought behind you before you can move on. And I think that's what my writing was all about. I had wrote for 5 years and 10 months in 393 notes. I guess, to understand the heart and mind of a person, we should look not at what he has already achieved, but what he aspires to be one day.

          I don't know if we each have a destiny, or if we are all just floating around, accidental-like on a wind, but I think maybe it's both. Maybe both is happening at the same time.

          Until then, have a wonderful HAPPY NEW YEAR. 



P/S

To you whom I haven't met yet, it is raining season in Penang nowadays. Sometimes, in the morning, it would stop raining long enough for the sun to come out. There was a million sparkles of dew on the leaves. Like the lake around the hill across the Teluk Bahang Dam. I couldn't tell where heavens stopped and the earth began, it was so beautiful.

I happened to believe we make our own destiny. We have to do the best with what God gave us & figured out ourselves. And that's the beauty of life.

I am looking forward to any kind of writing from you one day, in future, as soon as possible. I won't be far away. 

Yours truly,

The Half Moon Serenades. 

No comments: