Sunday, November 3, 2013

Notes 391: Close Your Eyes



William Shakespeare once said:

"When he shall die, take him and cut him out in little stars."


             How deep is a man love towards a woman? A South Carolina husband has shown just how deep and wide and long is his love for his wife of 57 years. 

             Larry Swilling's wife Jimmie Sue was born with just one kidney and after a lifetime of relying on the sole organ, she is now in need of a kidney donation. But the 77-year-old man is not a match and as a testament of his love for his soul mate as she waits for a donor, the man has taken to the streets of his hometown of Anderson, South Carolina to ask strangers if they would donate a kidney for the love of his life.
  
             "She's my heart," the desperate husband told the media about his quest to find an organ donor for his wife.

              Jimmie Sue is on a donor list but that could take as long as three years. In a last ditch effort, he decided to plead with strangers for help.
 
             "I don't care what people think," he said, telling his wife 'I'm going to get you a kidney.'

              He has taken to the sidewalks and streets of his hometown and has even traveled to neighboring communities. Wearing a signboard that reads 'Need Kidney 4 Wife,' he walks up and down busy streets to see if anyone would help.

              For me, that is the groovy kind of love that meant to be forever, until one of them, close the eyes. This kind of love gave me the motivation to write for my blog, time and time again.





P/S

To you whom I have met, I had written 391 love letters in the space of five years for you, and yet, this love in me, never fails. 

For me, love bears all things, believe all things, hope all things, and endures all things

I am perhaps, one of the most unromantic guy that ever courted or win your heart. The awkward moment when I first hold your soft hand, out of all place, at escalator in shopping mall after 2 hours of dating. Or constantly asking for your love, for three straight Valentine's Day till you said yes in the third year.

I miss you. But I can't forced you to love someone who is not a perfect match, a girl dream. Maybe, one day, someday, you will read again all the letters, and remember me.

Until then, put in your heart the fact that 391 love letters dedicated towards you, during your finest or lowest time, was never a mistake.

Thinking of you,

The Half Moon Serenades.




 
 

No comments: