Saturday, June 15, 2013

Love, A Trembling Happiness (The Story of Bill & Glad Forward)



Khalil Gibran once said:

"For life & death are one, even as the river & the sea are one."

   

                
                 What if your partner forget the sweet memories? What if he or she forget the sweet embrace as a result of Alzheimer?

               The touching story of Bill Forward & Glad Forward in Florida, United States of America enduring love through Alzheimer's has captured the hearts of people around the world. Bill made a short video documenting the love of him & his beloved wife, Glad and uploaded to YouTube.


                Simply titled "What Is Love?" the video tells the story of Bill and Glad, how they met more than 50 years ago and the daily battle with Glad's advance stages of Alzheimer's. In the video, Bill tells of how he has to do everything for his wife, from the time she gets up until when they go to bed - from brushing her teeth to dressing and feeding her.


 "I don't count it a burden whatsoever,'' he says.


"I  count it a great privilege to care for this one I have loved all these years.'' he added.

                 The couple, who spent much of their lives working to help lepers and orphans in India and Romania, met through Glad's brother, who was friends with Bill. He first knew her when she was about eight. In few months, they will celebrate their 50th anniversaries together.


                   It has been breaking my heart to watch Glad wither away over the last few years but it has also astounded me how Bill has gently cared for her. Perhaps, a groovy kind of love is the best words to describe their love.



P/S

To you whom I have met, love is a trembling happiness for me. 387 notes for you since the past three years still couldn't describe my feeling towards you.

Long-distance relationship is hard for both of us. But I hope in the dew of loneliness, our heart will always finds its morning and refreshed day by day. Never give up & built a wall between our love as a result of distance my hummingbird. If our heart is a dull wall, we can't expect the flower of love to blossom.

I love you Sabrina & the best thing about being in love with you was for every date we enjoyed together, it feels like the first time.

Until then, put in your heart the fact that I had fallen in love with you way before we knew and met each other. If 3 years ago, my mind told me, 'it might be you', now my mind said,  'it must be you".




Until we say the next hello,

The Half Moon Serenades.

No comments: