Monday, May 27, 2013

Love is Timeless


Charles Dickens once said:

"Never close your lips to those whom you have already opened your heart."

           
            Every workday for 29 years, Carleen Hamilton wrote a love poem on a napkin and packed it in her husband's, George Hamilton, lunch. And surprisingly, her husband returned the kindness every morning when he wrote to her a love poem and taped it to the mirror in the master bathroom.

            George Hamilton died at the the age of 87 in July 2012 while Carleen suffers from advanced Alzheimer's, moved into assisted living in September 2012.

           Well, I find what they did so amazing, not only they doing it every day but the passion and effort makes me believe that the fire that they had in their honeymoon, they kept it alive.

           In their poetry, she was the moon, and he was the sun. And so many expressions of their love focused on space and sky. She wrote mostly on white napkins but occasionally on a green, yellow or pink while his canvas alternated between lined paper and stationery.

           The last years of her husband life were though. He took care of Carleen who would think he was a stranger as a result of Alzheimer. It was sad and he was frustrated. George had congestive heart failure and died at home of a heart attack.
  
            At the end of the day, as Carleen memories faded, the only thing left between them is countless collection of love poem dedicated to each other.

            Perhaps a groovy kind of love is simply, timeless. At least for Carleen, George and me.
 


P/S

To you whom I have met, for the past 3 years, I had dedicated and wrote 386 love notes for you. Maybe, I don't want you to be just another person in my wonderful journey of life, for me, you were, you are and you always will be, my life.  

I love my life because it is full of magical moment, especially when I saw old couple holding each other hand together. And that's what I hope we can be in future one day.

Sabrina, you are the life that I want. All the love letters here still can't describe how grateful I am to have someone like you in my life. But I will never let you go. That's how much I love you.

Live in my heart and pay no rent forever my hummingbird.

Yours,

The Half Moon Serenades.
27th of May 2013.

 



 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My spοuѕe and I stumbled oνer here bу а diffегent page and thught I
might checκ things out. I likе wbat I sеe sο noω i am fоllowing you.
Loοκ fοгward to findіng outt
about yоur web pаge for а ѕeсond tіme.


My sіte - Lodgings regarding Website visitors as well as Travelers to Morocco

Anonymous said...

Do you mіnd іf I quotе a few
of your аrticleѕ as long aѕ I provode
credit аnd sources back tо your weblog?

My website iѕ in the very same aгeа of interest аs yourѕ and my uѕeгs would гeallу bеnefіt from sοmе of thе informаtion you proѵide here.
Please let me knοw if thіs alright with you.
Thаnk yοu!

my ωeb-site; The Best Inns In Sydney