Tuesday, March 26, 2013

The Labour of Love (Sadhu Baba @ Dashrath Manjhi Das Story)



 Vincent Van Gogh once said:

"I dream my painting, and I paint my dream."



         Shah Jahan built the Taj Mahal for his beloved wife Mumtaz. The monument is now considered the world's greatest monument of love. Dashrath Das' monument of love may not be as beautiful, but in a way, it is more awe-inspiring than Shah Jahan's feat.

           Thousands of labourers took more than 20 years to build the Taj Mahal. Dashrath Das took 25 years to single-highhandedly bring down a 360-ft long, 25-ft high hill and create a 16-ft wide pass in place of an almost impassable gap.

            To cross the mountain, one had to traverse a narrow and treacherous pass. One day, when his wife, Phaguni Devi, was crossing the pass to bring him his lunch, she slipped and hurt herself. This incident disturbed Das deeply and that very night he decided to destroy the hill which had injured his wife.The next morning, armed with t a hammer and chisel, he started off on a task that was to become an obsession.

            When the hill was brought down, the distance between the sub-divisions of Atri and Vazirganj was reduced from 50 km to 8 km. The pass has become so wide that vehicles can now pass through easily. Tragically, Phaguni Devi died before she could see the miracle her husband had created.

             The villagers also realized the remarkable feat that Dashrath Das had achieved and starting calling him Sadhu Baba. But as if moving hills was not enough, Dashrath Das then decided to walk all the way from his village to Delhi along the railway line, gathering signatures of all the station masters whom he met on the way in a diary.

                The story of Sadhu Baba is an epic one -- a story that could easily be thought of as a fairy tale but for the fact that in village Gahlour stands his modern-day Taj Mahal. It may not be as beautiful, but it certainly is as great as the original wonder.



P/S

To you whom I have met,  It is not very long since I have known you, but you have changed me and my life after peeping into it. I have given you the best position in my heart and my life. 

Though it has not been long but still we have been so close to each other in just a short span of time. I hope to have a very loving and long life with you.

384 love letters still couldn't describe on how much I love you with all my heart, Sabrina. Looking forward for the day you can be with me forever and always.

Loving you,
The Half Moon Serenades. 

No comments: