Saturday, November 3, 2012

The Rain of Love



André Paul Guillaume Gide once said:

"Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore."


          During hot sunny day of June 2011, I was given a wonderful opportunity to work with Hui Wen, a cute six years old girl at the shelter home where I had volunteered since secondary school. She is a petite but sweet young girl with glittering black eyes and an unquenchable zest for life. She shows no sign of any mental or physical impairment yet, according to the caretaker, she was born premature and have some sort of disability in her movement. 

           I love the nature and for me, one of the best way to get up, close and personal with the kids is by bringing them closer to the nature which in turn, is our beautiful Penang Botanical Garden. And that was my destination with her.  As sweet as candy, Hui Wen still have a character of girl who is eager to learn just about everything that she saw with her beautiful eyes.
 
          Suddenly she asked me, "Did you smell something?"

          Well, I can see that the dark cloud is fast approaching across the hill and immediately I told her, "It was the smell of the rain my dear, and we are about to get wet".

           Jokingly she replied that it wasn't the smell of the rain, but it was the smell of happiness right from her heart. For no particular reason, she said that day, is the happiest day of her life. For the first time since she stayed at the shelter home, some one took her out to this beautiful place and enjoying the wonders of nature , and she feels loved.

            Well, I can felt that tears blurred in my eyes as Hui Wen happily hopped down to play with the other children before the rain came. During those long days and nights of the first few years of her life, when her nerves were too sensitive to be touched, I believed that God was holding Hui Wen very dearly in His blessing, and it is love that makes her a young brave girl that appreciate love so well.

            I am happy that I can provide happiness to the kids at the shelter home. I just can't let myself enjoying the richness of this world knowing that some where out there, there is a lot of tiny little heart who yearned to have a time out with someone who care for them. I am not rich with money but sure I am rich with time because I believed love knows no boundaries.

           Perhaps one day, life will be fairer to them and groovy kind of love will never stop raining down.





P/S

To you whom I have met, I love you. I love everything about you, your simple life that enchanted me, your smile that melted my heart, your eyes that full of passion and most of all, your endless love that showered towards me.

With you, I felt like I am one step closer of being a complete person. Life for me is about the pursuit of happiness, neverending. But having you right here in my heart, I am enjoying every moment of my life with no regret about the past.

For 374 love letters, I had expressed my love towards you, some anonymously, some with a hint of clue and some as open as this letter, but yet I still couldn't find a proper word to describe how much I loved you in my heart.

I want you to be the happiest girl in the world, or perhaps one of the happiest. Leap as high as possible in your life Sabrina, knowing that my love will lead you home at the end of the day. There will be no monument about me in future about my work and volunteer life, but loving you and be your man of honor, is the best achievement in that I can achieve one day.

Forever In Love,


The Half Moon Serenades.
3rd of November 2012. 

No comments: