Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Girls Don't Cry (The Lonely Shepherdess)


Eleanor Roosevelt once said:

"A woman is like a tea bag; you never know how strong it is until it's in hot water."


              25 years of being raised and nurtured as man of honor, for me, women will always be the other half of sky for men. But somehow somewhere in this world, there is still exist a place, a hell on earth where women is treated like a slave. Where is the love? Despite efforts to improve their lives, girls in Afghanistan continue to suffer untold violence and discrimination.

            While a young girl was going home from school, she noticed a tall man with a long beard walking behind her. The next day, when the same man followed her, she became suspicious of him. Why was he staring at her as if she had done something wrong? On the third day, he walked toward her and stopped. Her body was shaking with fear.

            He said, “I will kill you if I see you going to school and leaving your home without a burqa.” She couldn’t say even one word to him. He ran away and disappeared into a side street. She was shocked by his warning and weeping when she got home.

           The girls studying in Afghanistan schools didn’t believe they should complete their education; they believed by the age of 8, they should get married and be a slave for their in-laws. They got these ideas from their families.

           I found myself in a totally different world. I didn’t see any women with burqas or men with long beards in Malaysia and yet there is still lots of ungrateful people who demand total freedom in harsh way. I do know that life is beautiful and smiling when we have the freedom to live on our own.

            According to Islam, getting an education is a basic right for every man and woman. Unfortunately, it is a fact of life that mostly Afghan women are not allowed to get an education, and the control of our lives is often in the hands of men. I wonder why women bow in front of all this stupidity in male-dominated countries like Afghanistan.

             Perhaps a groovy kind of love is there for them one day, someday.



P/S

To you whom I have met,  will you believe if I say that love is a symbol of eternity where it wipes out all sense, destroying all memory of a beginning and all fear of the end? That's the love that I had found in you.

It's amazing, the love that I shared with you here, seems stronger day by day. For me, to find someone who will love me for no reason, and to shower that person with reasons, is the ultimate happiness that I'm pursuing all my life.  A hundred hearts would be too few to carry all my love for you. 

Until then, put in your heart the fact that I had fallen in love with you way before we knew each other. 368 love letters is the evidence that  perhaps a groovy kind of love that we shared one day,  will be sweeter than gravity. 

Will you love me in October as you do in May,
Will you love me in the good old fashioned way?
When my hair has all turned gray,
Will you kiss me then and say,
That you love me in October as you do in May

With love,

The Half Moon Serenades.
26th of September 2012.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My heart bleeds for these. I wish I was able to help them all.