Wednesday, September 19, 2012

And Never Let Her Go (The Story of Marcus & Monica)



Khalil Gibran once said:

"Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation."


         I love my life because it is full of magical moment, especially when I saw old couple holding each other hand together.  You will not see candlelight around, neither the moon, nor a bottle of the finest wine; this is the real thing. And the real thing is this amount of courage, this degree of devotion, and this level of grace.        

        La Noche Que Me Quieras (The Night That I Want), is the name of the tango Monica sang before losing her memory. Monica and Marcos, were married for 65 years but in the year of 2007, Monica was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease, and Marcos devoted himself to her care.

         As Monica’s illness progressed, she became more dependent on her husband, whose life was also substantially affected by her condition; at the same time however, supporting his wife gave Marcos a new reason to live, and allowed him to show aspects of his personality which had never been displayed before.  

          I believed that it takes two to tango. The man always leads and never lets go of his partner’s hand. In the dance of life, Marcos has always held on to Monica, whom he married in 1946. His grip became tighter, and tenderer, from 2007, when she was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease.

          Just as Monica became more dependent on her husband over the years, supporting her gave Marcos a new reason to live. For the next five years, until she died in his arms, he devoted his life to caring for her every need, bringing her to bathroom, cooking for her and changing her diapers. 

           You see, for me life is beautiful, if we choose to believe and have faith in our love. Always remember that harmony is pure love for pure love is an unfinished concerto until the death do us apart.

           And perhaps, a groovy kind of love is just around the corner for you and your loved ones.




P/S

To you whom I have met, love can sometimes be magic. But magic can sometimes just be an illusion. I don't want you to be just another chapter of my wonderful story of life, for me, you were, you are and you always will be, the whole story.

Never let someone worthless brought you down to earth when you are soaring high at the beautiful sky my hummingbird. Always remember somewhere there's someone who dreams of your smile, and finds in your presence that life is worthwhile. So when you are lonely, remember it's true somebody, somewhere is thinking of you. And that person is me.

I love you Rina, where we love is home, home that our feet may leave, but not our hearts. 367 love letters still can't describe how grateful I am to have someone like you in my life. But I will never let you go. That's how much I love you.

Love is a dream that comes alive when we meet.

With love,

The Half Moon Serenades.
19th of September 2012.

No comments: