Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Of Happy New Year & Love Notes


Oprah Winfrey once said:

"Cheers for a new year and another chance for us to get it right."

            Within the next few days, it will be the fifth year since I started my weekly Facebook and blog notes. 336 notes accompanied by love letters and poems at the end of it, has been sourced of inspiration for many people from all walks of life throughout the world. And for that period of times, I had learned a very important lesson in my life. That is once you choose hope, anything is possible.

             It all started as a place for me to express my feelings and life. I believed my heart is like a vast ocean full of secret and writing is the spontaneous overflow of powerful feelings: it takes its origin from my emotion recollected in tranquility. To quote Forrest Gump,  life is like a box of chocolate, you will never what you gonna get.

             I am not as rich as what people thought in terms of monetary value, but if there is a thing that I can be proud of myself, it will come down to one words only, which is hope.With hope, I gave the kids at orphanage a lesson of beautiful life. With hope, I gave the old folks at retirement home one last chance of love. With hope, I gave the student all the knowledge in my brain so that it can help them in their studies. With hope, i gave my mother a life she deserved as a woman who raised me up.

            It is funny when some of the people questioned my personality, when the fact their life can be described as a roller-coaster ride compare to me. But it will never stop me from doing things that I wanted to do. I want to help the children at the orphanage so that they won't ended up at the street begging for mercy. I want to help the old folks at the retirement home so that they can closed their eyes one day to heaven with love around the corner. And the most important thing is that I want to help my mother to have a better life so she can say that she is proud to have a son like me.

          Hope is a simple words, yet people took it for granted. In this five years, friends come and go in my life. At one moment, they are the best of friends you can ever get and the next thing you know, they ended hating you for what you did. Even my first love gave up on me in the time when I am needed her the most, when the tumor at my neck started to grow like a tennis ball.

        The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination. And that is why I never gave up on my hope and quest to find my true love. I might not be the most attractive guy that a girl usually dreams to have as their lovers, I might not be someone whom a girl can proudly showed to their friend, and said without embarrassment, this is the guy that I loved.

         But, no one can questioned my dedication towards the one that I loved. I believed when a man loves a woman, he should treat her as if the girl is the other half of their sky, and this what I did when I thought I had met my special one few years ago. I treated her as good as girl deserved to be loved, bringing her out from dark and sad life. But love is funny and not forever, this is a lesson that I learned from her.

         However, I never gave up on love. Because as long hope exist in this world, as long as their is a chance for my heart to melt and be like a shining star blinking its beautiful appearance to the night & woke up the next morning for another day of loving, I will not give up to find someone whom I haven't met yet.

        For all my friend, co-workers, student, kids at orphanage, old folks at retirement home,  and the most important person in my life, my mother and if you a very happy new year.

         Perhaps a groovy kind of happiness is just around the corner for everyone!





P/S

To you whom I haven't met yet, will I love you because you're beautiful, or you're beautiful because I loved you? Maybe both is the reason why I never gave up on finding you. For you see, each new year I love you more, today more than yesterday and less than tomorrow.

Love is a symbol of eternity.  It wipes out all sense of time, destroying all memory of a beginning and all fear of an end. And that is why I never gave up on love even though the pain of broken hearts is still there. Love is the condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own and I hope one day when you finally appeared in my life, you will be happy to know all the notes and letters is dedicated to you, my other of the sky.

I don't know if we each have a destiny in this world, or if we're just floating around like the leaves being blown away from the trees. Maybe both is right, maybe both is happening at the same time. And I hope in the year 2012, I can finally meet you.

Until then, put in you heart the fact that I had fallen in love with you way before we knew each other. Remember, love is simple and when all's well, the end's well too.

Come live in my heart and pay no rent forever.


For the other half of the sky,

The Half Moon Serenades.

No comments: