Monday, November 28, 2011

Love & Life



James M.Barrie of Peter Pan fame once said:

'Life is a long lesson in humility."

            Recent events in my life have taught me that the best thing to do in any situation is just to love people. How can we be a better friend, a better son, brother or sister,etc. So often we go through life and we don't really take the time to just simply love people.

            What is the real connection between love and life?

            Love is patient, Love is kind, It does not envy, it does not boast, It is not proud, It is not rude, It is not self-seeking, It is not easily angered, It keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil, but rejoices with the truth. Love always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends. Love never fails.

            Love is taking a moment to talk to the person sitting next to you, taking an honest interest in their life. Love is offering your help to someone who is in need? Love is saying a prayer for the people walking with you, asking God to bless them. Love doesn't mean holding hands and kissing the girl sitting next to you only, but love is about making them feel safe whenever they sit next to you.

            
          I've started to see in my life that as I open up to love people, it's amazing at how things have changed in my. I heard this story of a girl walking home from school, terribly depressed and down on life. Ready to commit suicide when she arrives home, as she has just had enough. A classmate who had never spoken to her, comes up and asks if he can carry her books, and walk with her. Because of the friendly love expressed by that boy, she didn't commit suicide and found new meaning in her life. 

          We think of saving lives as firefighters and police officers. What about that boy? Is he a lifesaver? He didn't boldy enter a burning building or stop a fire. He simply just took the time to love a new found friend. 

          Love can be easy, it is only question of choosing between solutions and illusions. And perhaps, a groovy kind of love is just around the corner for you.




P/S

To you whom I already met before, it has been a long time since I wrote anything for you. But today is a special day. Today is the day you graduated after four hard years of studying with all your heart and soul. A very happy graduation day to you.

You left me before on the eve of Valentine's Day and I had buried the memories with you in my mind since then knowing you are happy with someone that you loved. I am happy that you graduated today, knowing that I had played my part for almost three out of four years of your university life.

Do you remember when I was there staying up till early morning just to make sure you didn't fall asleep when studying using webcam? Do you remember when I'd traveled to Kota Kinabalu just to be there to greet you after you finish your exam? And do you remember when you asked me to be strong, to overcame the tumor that no matter what happened, I will be there to see you wearing the mortar board and graduation robes?

I am sorry I can't fulfill my promise to you. I wish I can be there to see you smile, to see your eyes shines receiving the scroll and to look at the evening skies together. I bet you will look very beautiful as usual.

I don't really know if each of us have our own destiny, or perhaps we are just floating around like the leaves falling from the tree. Perhaps both is true, and happening at the same time. 

I miss you, if there is a day when you plunged into sadness again, I won't be far away. You will be in my mind. Always.

For the other half of the sky,

The Half Moon Serenades.
 


No comments: