Sunday, October 9, 2011

The Most Beautiful Love


Oscar Wilde once said:

"Who, being loved, is poor?" 
           
            There was a day when I saw a young man, maybe younger than me by 3 or 4 years, was standing in the middle of his friends in the restaurant at Queensbay Mall holding a photo album proclaiming that he had the most beautiful life in the whole world.


            His friend gathered and they all admired the picture of him and his sweetheart for it was perfect. There was not a mark or a flaw in it. Yes, they all agreed it truly was the most beautiful couple they had ever seen. The young man was very proud and boasted more loudly about his beautiful girlfriend.
 
            As they are sitting and talked loudly next to my table, I am quite pissed with their laughter and I said to him:

"Why your life is not nearly as beautiful as mine?" 

            I showed the young man and his friends my old faithful hand phone which is full of the picture of me and my ex-girlfriend (she had left me by that time).

          And what they saw was a beautiful love, but full of scars. It was a picture when she was angry with me, when she was embarrassed to walked next to me, pictures where my face had been edited and other pieces put in (but they didn't fit quite right) and there were several jagged edges picture where a big and ugly me hugging a beautiful girl like her. In fact, in some pictures, there were deep gouges where whole love were missing.

           The people looked stunned, stared and asked me:

"How can he say his heart is more beautiful?" they thought.

           In fact, the young man looked at the my picture with her and saw its state and laughed. 

"You must be joking," he said. "Compare your love life with mine, mine is perfect and yours is a mess of scars and tears."

           "Yes," I agreed with him.

           "Yours is perfect looking but I would never trade with you."

            "You see, every scar represents a person to whom have given my love. I tear out a piece of my heart and give it to them, and often they give me a piece of their heart which fits into the empty place in my heart, but because the pieces aren't exact, I have some rough edges, which I cherish, because they remind me of the love we shared."

              "Sometimes I have given pieces of my heart away to her, and she hasn't returned a piece of his heart to me. These are the empty gouges - giving love is taking a chance. Although these gouges are painful, they stay open, reminding me of the love I have for her too, and I hope someday she may return it and fill the space I have waiting."

"So now do you see what true beauty is?"

           The young man stood silently with tears running down his cheeks.

           He actually walked up to the me, reached into my hands and holding it tight with his trembling hands. The young man looked at me and said: 

"Your love might not be perfect anymore but more beautiful than ever, since memories of love from her will lead your life to find a better girl one day."
 
          We embraced and walked away side by side. And I finished my lunch thanking God for one more day being given to me, to find the other half of my sky, a girl that will loved me with all her heart. 



P/S

To you whom I haven't met, it has been three years since I had been left alone. Every day, I'd wished that it won't be so hard for me to overcome. I know it is a lonely life without her and the pain in my heart is very real. 

But the love I had shared with her is just a memories that I had left behind. Since then, I had wrote countless of notes for you, for whom I haven't met yet. Someone who I wish will love me till the end. 

I want you to be happy one day when you are with me, even when shed your tears, I will be there to give you a shoulder to cry on. 

When you read all this notes one day, think of all the happiness, that we will share together, and how both of us were blessed. I have always loved you since way before I meet you and I know I always will.

Put in your hear the fact that I had fall in love with you way before we knew each other. Perhaps this is the groovy kind of love that is worth a wait in my life.

The music may have stopped but my heart beats to another tune, this rhythm called love and that is you. 


For the other half of the sky,

The Half Moon Serenades.
 

No comments: