Friday, April 15, 2011

Healing A Broken Heart


Kahlil Gibran once said:

"Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars." 


         Being heartbroken is a pain that no one can understand until they have experienced it for themselves. You obviously have, therefore are aware of how fragile your heart is right now. Healing a broken heart will take time, but is not impossible, though it may feel that way at the time. It is never an easy process to go through, but with the right prescription, you will be on your way to recovery and happiness again.

         The first thing you should keep in mind is that it is okay to feel sad and grieve about what happened and that you are not stupid for doing so. It is perfectly normal to feel sad and cry after a break up. You have invested most of your time and all of your love and interest into your ex-partner; therefore will go through a sad and painful withdrawal. It is notable that you not grieve all on your own. 

           Sure, there will be times when you will just want to be alone and undisturbed. However, it is important that you talk to your friends and family about it. Talking about it is not only healthy, but will mend your heart quicker because you will release the thoughts and facts that are hurting you so much. 

           Seeking professional advice will be a great help to you as well because your mind will open up and see new perspectives and understandings of what happened. It will help you gather your strength, pick yourself up, and find the happiness you deserve to have.

          Accepting the fact that you and your ex-partner are no longer together is a necessity if you are going to start mending your broken heart. If you catch yourself unable to function due to constantly thinking about your ex or repeatedly calling or visiting him or her for another chance, then chances are you are suffering from love addiction and should seek counseling.

           Discontinuing a serious relationship is emotionally challenging and can drive you to do things that are unhealthy for your self-being. To avoid entering such hazardous areas, keep yourself occupied. Go out with your friends and family to help get your mind off the break up. It is best to spend as less time alone as you can in the first few weeks of your breakup so that your emotions can slowly and patiently form back into their normal pattern.

          Fight the thoughts that tell you that you are a failure and are to blame for the end of your relationship. When a relationship ends it means that the two of you were no longer compatible and that always takes two, not just you.

          Instead of beating yourself up over what has transpired, examine your ex-relationship by listing the things you enjoyed most about it and then the things that disappointed you and what you believe really caused the breakup. 

          Look at the relationship as a learning experience and an opportunity to improve your relationship skills, and a way to realize what you truly need and want from a romantic relationship. 

         Perhaps one day, you will find a groovy kind of love.

P/S 

To you whom I haven't met yet, loving someone in our life is such a beautiful things to do. It is amazing my mysterious someone, every day of my life, I saw people taking love for granted. I'd always wondered, what is love for them? Perhaps my interpretation of love is slightly different from them.

I will love you one day with heart and soul. It is true I can't give you the sky as a gift but it won't stopped me from sharing the dream of my life with you, my other half of the sky. Being with you one day, all my dream will be free.

Love doesn't have value, eventhough my ex-girlfriend will disagree with this. I believe love is so pure and simple, and it should not have a value on it. I am working hard every day my mysterious someone. For a 23 years guy like me to earn my income better than people at my age, I am happy with it.

I hope one day when you appeared in my life, I can give you a better life. I am poor when I was a child, and I don't want you to feel the same way that I felt before. 

I hope you will help me to grow, to be a better person, teaching me more the meaning of love and give me a shoulder to cry on whenever problem arises.

I will share my dream with you, I will share my heart with you, for that you are the meaning of my life.

Until then, put in your heart the fact that I had fallen in love with you way before we knew each other in real life. Love me with all your heart one day my love.

I will chase the blindly shadow in your heavenly eyes, I promise that you will be in my heart, wherever I go.


Loving you (one day),

The Half Moon Serenades.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i luv ur blog. thanks for inspiring me and helping me mending a broken heart.may god bless you always. -gothikat

Anmol Gupta said...

Nice blog...i also like to read khalil Gibran..have followed ur blog, mine is www.impactofthoughts.blogspot.com..check it out

Party of Purpose said...

Nice blog. My heart was mended and I am now in a healthy relationship. I wish you the best.

Moya

P.S. Check out - http://whataboutthemen.blogspot.com

Abhi said...

Nice blog...
visit mine for all blogger customizations
Networking Help

kurtivanyu said...

real true. you'll never know the pain of being heartbroken unless you experience it yourself. Check out my perception about love. http://kurtivanyu.wordpress.com/2011/04/09/is-true-love-real/